Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

Whoopie Pies

Firstly, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and now for my first post of 2012, it came around very quickly!

I mentioned in my last post that I'd been making Whoopie Pies and here they are. I've often looked at them on the Humming Bird Bakery website and wanted to make them for ages but I've never quite got around to it. I came across this recipe a couple of weeks ago though and thought I'd give it a go.

The results were amazing! I can't fault the cakey-bits- anybody know what they are called?- but I had a few problems with the filling. It was a little too thin, this is probably partially due to me getting bored of whisking it after about half the recommended time and partially because it was a recipe that didn't use marshmallow fluff. A little more icing sugar and some time in the fridge got it to just about spreadable consistency though and it still tasted great so all was not lost.













No comments:

Post a Comment