Pages

Sunday 18 September 2011

Ready, Steady, Bake!

As you may know from my post earlier in the week, this week was National Cupcake Week. And that meant I spent most of yesterday baking. I made two different batches of cupcakes, the first was banana split cupcakes which have gone in the freezer until Tuesday when I can take them out and decorate them in time for my Birthday! Yay!

The second lot were rocky road cupcakes which I've been saying I'm gonna make for ages but haven't managed to until now. The base was a chocolate cupcake, it was topped with caramel icing and finished with mini marshmallows, walnuts, raisins and chocolate syrup which I also made.

Chocolate Syrup is used quite a lot in America but is pretty difficult to get hold of here in England. When I was looking at recipes for these cupcakes yesterday loads of them used chocolate syrup so I had  look around at recipes and managed to figure out how to make it. It couldn't have been easier and didn't take longer the 5 minutes. It really finishes the cakes off, in looks and taste, it will keep for a couple of months in the fridge and can be used for all lots of the other things, a sauce on ice cream, chocolate milkshake when added to milk being some of them.
 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment