Pages

Sunday 7 August 2011

Portuguese Feast!

The first week of my summer holiday was spent in Portugal. It was my first time visiting and I loved it. I was really keen to try some typical Portuguese food as I've never really had any before.

I am however, a big fan of Nando's chicken and thier famous Peri-Peri sauce so, spending my week trying a different, authentic piri-piri sauce almost everyday was brilliant. I think the best piri-piri chicken I sampled would have to be a dish I had one lunch time.

We left the high-rise blocks, huge hotels and luxury yachts of Villa Moura- where we stayed- and headed a few minutes down the road to a smaller, quieter, more traditional fishing village called Quateira. We stopped at a little fish restaurant on the sea front and as I don't like fish, I had the piri-piri chicken and was pleasantly surprised to find it was nicer than the one I'd had the day before where it was the restaurant's speciality!

When I got home, I couldn't wait to get back in the kitchen and decided to cook up some Portuguese style food. I made barbecued piri-piri chicken, spicy rice, garlic pittas and sliced potatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment