Pages

Saturday 9 April 2011

Rotary Young Chef Regional Final!

So today was the big day, the Regional Final of Rotary's Young Chef competition.

I didn't get off to the best start when half way down the motorway I realised that I'd forgotten the only thing that I wouldn't be able to get anywhere... My chitarra. The machine that my Grandma brought me from Italy to make my spaghetti. Luckily Jamie Oliver came to the rescue as I remembered seeing him making spaghetti with a knife in his 30 minute meals series and though I'd never tried it, I thought it should work.

Things got better and apart from dropping one of my chocolate fondants, all went to plan when I started cooking.

In the end, the judges made their decision and I came 2nd, still a decent place as it's my first time entering. Unfortunately, only the winner goes onto the national final in London so my Rotary Young Chef 2011 journey ends here but watch this space as I'm sure I'll be entering again next year!

Here are some pictures with more to follow!

My starter and main after the judges had dug in.

My table and meal (Including my rescued fondant!)

My prizes, I look forward to testing out some of the recipes in the book!

My menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment